Running into an issue with your tires can be stressful and costly. While you may do everything you can to keep your tires in their best shape, damage is sometimes inevitable. Road conditions or other factors may cause a problem, but that’s where your warranty comes in.
Your ZEETEX tires come with a warranty coverage with the following benefits:
- Workmanship & Materials Warranty
- Mileage Treadwear Warranty
If you experience any issues with your ZEETEX tires, head back over to the tire shop where you purchased your tires to file a claim.
Below are the details on the terms and conditions of the ZEETEX Warranty Policy.
ABOUT ZEETEX LIMITED WARRANTY
This limited warranty covers all new ZEETEX brand replacement radial tires purchased after May 1st, 2016, supplied either directly or through an authorized ZEETEX dealer, which are mounted on passenger cars, vans and light trucks and have been used on the same vehicle that they were originally installed on. For Truck, Bus & Radial tires, please see section below.
This warranty applies to consumers actually purchasing and using the tires in all of North America, limited to the 48 contiguous states, the District of Columbia, the non-contiguous states of Hawaii and Alaska, and Canada.
WORKMANSHIP & MATERIALS WARRANTY
ZEETEX warrants all eligible tires with a complete D.O.T identification number against defects in workmanship and materials. Upon examination, if ZEETEX determines that the tire(s) is not serviceable due to a condition covered by this warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable new ZEETEX tire as follows:
- During the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, or within (12) twelve months from the date of purchase (proof of purchase required) whichever comes first, ZEETEX will replace the tire with a comparable new ZEETEX tire 100% free of charge. Applicable fees and taxes and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
- After the 100% replacement term expires and the tire is still within (60) sixty months of the date of purchase (proof purchase required), credit will be pro-rated towards the purchase of a comparable ZEETEX tire. The credit will be determined by the percentage of original tread depth remaining on the tire. Applicable fees and taxes and costs of mounting and balancing are payable by the owner.
The authorized ZEETEX dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of original usable tread worn by the current ZEETEX price in effect at the time of adjustment.
Refer to the example below to obtain the credit percentage:
R.T.D = Remaining Tread Depth
O.T.D = Original Tread Depth
If R.T.D = 5/32” = 5 and O.T.D = 10/32” = 10
The calculation is:
Remaining Usable Tread Depth/Original Usable Tread Depth = 3/8 = 0.375 = 38%
MILEAGE TREADWEAR WARRANTY
In addition to the above workmanship and materials warranty, ZEETEX also warrants that the tread life of all replacement passenger tires or light truck tires, supplied either directly or through an authorized ZEETEX dealer, will have the following treadwear warranty coverage from the point of original purchase (proof of purchase required):
If a tire reaches the end of its usable tread life (2/32”) before the stated mileage warranty, it will be replaced by a comparable ZEETEX tire on a pro rata basis. The authorized ZEETEX dealer will determine the adjustment cost by multiplying the percentage of mileage obtained by the current ZEETEX price in effect at the time of adjustment.
To make a claim, the owner must present the original ZEETEX Mileage Warranty Card, which records the date of purchase, name of purchaser, original mileage, and identification of the vehicle to an authorized ZEETEX dealer.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MILEAGE TREADWEAR WARRANTY:
- The tires must be rotated every 5,000 – 6,000 miles
- The owner must be the original purchaser of the tires and have the original copy of the invoice showing the application mileage
- The original purchaser must be the owner of the vehicle on which the tires were originally installed
- The tires are worn out evenly across the tread, down to the treadwear indicator (2/32”) at which time they are considered to be 100% worn out. The tire must not have more than 2/32” tread depth difference
- The Tire Rotation Card must be completed by the servicing dealer
- For vehicles equipped with staggered size fitments (different tire sizes on the front and rear axles) which cannot be rotated, the mileage warranty for the front or rear tires will be 50% of the warranted miles specified under the standard ZEETEX treadwear warranty